Blueprint to Steward Taxpayer Resources
As State Treasurer, Taylor will take a holistic approach to fulfilling the statutory duties of the position and managing the Nebraska Treasury.
- Holistic Approach: Nebraska taxpayer funds will be properly accounted for, effectively invested, and completely protected.
- Nebraska First: Taylor will strengthen Nebraska banking relationships to benefit Nebraska taxpayers.
- Cash Management: Cash concentration techniques (cash pooling) and netting of interdepartmental invoices increase treasury efficiency and minimize costs for administration.
- Target Balancing: A streamlined cash management structure is necessary to manage proper levels of liquidity. Cash amounts in excess of targeted balances will be effectively invested to increase taxpayer returns.
- Financial Value Chain: Strategically-positioned bank account concentrations are vital for State depository maintenance.
Security & Technology
- Safeguarding Taxpayer Resources: With the increase in the sophistication and frequency of cyber-attacks, the Treasury function must implement safeguards to mitigate this risk. Taylor will ensure that proper safeguards are in place to reduce and detect both internal and external occurrences of fraud.
- Digitation & Interconnectivity: The Treasury Function continuously needs to be at the forefront of new technology to simplify complexity, manage liquidity, and safeguard assets. Taylor will take a zero-baseline approach by rationalizing functions, roles, and streamlining all internal cash management systems in the Treasury function and increase connectivity with external partners if needed.